Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Vain Die Empty Excerpt

Welcome everyone to another big week on the Writer's Revolution. I am your host, the author of The Phoenix Blade, Andrew Hess. My guest this week takes her readers on a trip to the dark side. Welcome Angela Parker.


 

 Prologue

Daemonillisys stepped from the boat onto the sandy beach of the gulf. There was no moon. The inky blackness of the night enveloped him within its depths. He kept to the shadows as he made his way to the place the others had mentioned. It was not far, and as he drew closer he could see a group standing around an old car with broken windows. It had belonged to the father of the man he sought, he could feel the love of a son for his father as he made his way closer to the group. He would be easy to distinguish from the rest.

The group of men slowly dispersed as he walked toward them. He knew that they still watched from the shadows, but they were not there to cause trouble, they were just watching out for their friend.

"I understand you are the best at creating documentation for one in need of such service"

" Yo no hablo Inglés, güey. "

"Yes you do." Daemon stated.

" Yo no hablo Inglés. " The man shrugged.

Daemonillisys unfolded the stack of bills that he was holding and ran his thumb over the edges.

"I suppose your children do not need food either, or your vehicle does not need a new alternator. Perhaps your wife does not need to have her wisdom teeth pulled, as I understand they have been giving her no problem at all."

"Look man, I don't want any trouble from whatever organization you come from. I don't know anything about any documentation." The man shot back. Irritation was scrawled plainly across his face.

"Just like everyone else you work for, I am a man in need of the paperwork that will make my life easier here." Daemon countered.

He sighed. "Alright, I know someone that can help you out. You put that money in an envelope along with anything specific you want on the documents and which documents you need and you drop it into locker number six at the local gym. You pull the key out of that locker and you drop it into the pool there. My friend will take care of it and you come back and see me in three days right here. Don't wear a wire, don't bring a friend, and don't act suspicious."

"I could do all of that, or you could just take the money, walk into your shop here, spend an hour or so getting what I need, earn a bonus for providing fast service, and in the future when I run into someone needing such a service I can refer them exclusively to you."

"Why did you come here güey; how do you know so much?"

"I heard that you were the best and if you care to trade me your soul I will tell you more."

"Nah man, I don't need to know. Besides I am saving my soul for God.

"That is fair."

"What is your name güey?"

"Daemonillisys on the papers, but you may call me Daemon if you wish."

The man cocked his head and looked Daemon over. He did not look as if he were joking about anything he said.

"Damn usually everyone wants to blend in, not you güey.

Daemon smiled. "It is the name given to me by my mother, and she was very dear to me."

"I get it man, did she get tired of using the whole thing every time you got into something?"

"No, actually she used my entire name every time. The nickname was given to me by a French girl a number of years ago."

"Are the French girls as pretty as they say?"

"This one was."

The man shook his head. "What is your last name and birth date güey?"

"Whatever you choose"

"You got it. You need a full set of documents?"

"I do."

"Alright come in, have a seat and get comfortable, it will take me a couple of hours to get it all done."







Follow Angela on















and make sure you pickup your copy of The Phoenix Blade: Project Justice: http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Blade-Project-Justice-ebook/dp/B00J2HG2H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400788203&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Phoenix+Blade

And remember to rate and review the books on Amazon.com. Everyone has a voice; let it be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment