Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Inspiration for Souls Entwined

Welcome everyone to another big week on the Writer's Revolution. I am your host, the author of The Phoenix Blade, Andrew Hess. My guest this week is Romantic and Paranormal Writer and author of Souls Entwined, Anne B. Cole







Inspiration behind Souls Entwined.


When I was about 10, my grandmother gave me an heirloom ring. She told me that it was her great, great grandmother’s ring and that her brother had brought it over from Europe when he was a sailor in the early 1800s. When I realized how old it was, I tried to give it back. She insisted that the stone was only a garnet and that it wasn’t worth much, but it was the oldest thing she ever owned and wanted me to keep it safe. Since it was too big for me to wear, I put it in my jewelry box for years.



Fast forward to 2003. Gotta love Time travel!


My husband and I researched the family tree and noticed that a branch of my grandmother’s side had a few holes. My grandmother was in a nursing home then and we went for a visit. She told us about a tiny family cemetery in the middle of nowhere and proceeded to give us directions to the cemetery which included the following: “Drive down this dirt road a few miles, pass over a little creek, and find two big hemlock trees. The cemetery is in the woods a ways behind the hemlocks.” Then my grandmother added with a glint in her eyes, “If you find it, watch out for witches.”


Witches!? YIKES!

 

Surprisingly enough, we did find the little cemetery and luckily one of my ancestors fought in the war of 1812, so the local American Legion places a flag at his marker every year.


The unkempt cemetery sits nestled in the woods, unseen from the dirt road. If you were not looking for it, you’d never know it was there. Years ago the property was turned over to the state game commission. Today it remains protected from development due to surrounding wetlands.

Not one car passed when we were there.

It was very creepy, even in the daylight.

I was more intrigued than scared since there were only a couple dozen graves, and all were my ancestors. We read the names and I found the grave of the original owner of my heirloom ring—talk about getting the shivers! She lived for 90 years, and so did her husband. Back then that was crazy old!

Despite the eerie location and my grandmother’s warning, I did not see a witch or a ghost that day. When we arrived back at the nursing home, I pressed my grandmother for more information about my ring and why she told me to watch out for witches. She just giggled at me and said, “You never know. I heard stories about her.” My grandmother passed away a year later, so those memories and my ring are very special to me.

In 2009, I decided to rite a story about my ring based on the little bits of information I remember. I wasn’t writing for publication, just for something to do while I waited at my kids’ sports activities. My hobby grew into an addiction and on April 30th, 2014, my story was released on amazon.com. Needless to say, I dedicated my book to all grandmothers.
 



To follow Anne’s publishing journey and connect with her, check out her website and find her on Twitter and Facebook.

 
Website
 
Twitter
 
Facebook

 
Click on the Buy Link below to see Souls Entwined on Amazon which is on sale for only $0.99
BUY LINK

and make sure you pickup your copy of The Phoenix Blade: Project Justice: http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Blade-Project-Justice-ebook/dp/B00J2HG2H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400788203&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Phoenix+Blade

And remember to rate and review the books on Amazon.com. Everyone has a voice; let it be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment