Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Anne B. Cole Interview Part 1


Welcome everyone to another big week on the Writer's Revolution. I am your host, the author of The Phoenix Blade, Andrew Hess. My guest this week is Romantic and Paranormal Writer and author of Souls Entwined, Anne B. Cole






Let’s get to know you a little more.  Tell us a about yourself.

I’m a preschool teacher, wife, and mother of three very active teens. I enjoy running, gardening, and taking photos of my kids, flowers, and three cats. I write in any free moment I have during my busy days!

What inspired you to write?

Boredom.

I simply cannot sit and do nothing (unless I’m sleeping). My kids speed swim. Parents of swimmers know how much ‘down time’ there is during a swim meet. Parents sit and watch warm ups and then it may be an hour before you get to see your child swim their ‘less than one minute 50 yard freestyle.’ Kids swim four or five events during the four to five hour swim meet session. Unless they are swimming the mile swim, most events last less than two minutes each. Needless to say, I read a lot at swim meets

One day, about four years ago, I found myself at an away swim meet watching two of my kids swim in two separate, back to back sessions….yes….about twelve hours total at the pool.  I realized I had packed everything I needed for an entire day at the pool EXCEPT A BOOK to read!

After the initial shock of having an entire day to be confined to the pool without a book to read, I flipped over the heat sheet and started an outline of a story. I started writing and became addicted!

Tell me a little about your book. 

Souls Entwined is a YA/NA romantic suspense, time travel with paranormal and historical elements. I took everything I like to read and put it in one book.

Here is what the back cover of the book will look like when it comes out in paperback early 2015.

When a cursed family heirloom sends Gretta Dobbs back in time, a hunky construction worker, Sam Daggett, suddenly finds himself love struck and joins her adventure. Their souls entwine within the bodies of young lovers on a Greek island in 1829, where they begin to unravel the mysteries behind Grettas ring all while avoiding a bloodthirsty pirate who is determined to seek revenge. Gretta and Sam must find the secrets needed to save her and her relatives from an afterlife in purgatory and return to their own lives---or risk becoming prisoners of the past, continuing the evil cycle of the ring’s curse.


Right now Souls Entwined is available in e-book at amazon.com.


How did you come up with the story?

At the swim meet, I was wearing an heirloom ring that my grandmother gave me. Her great, great grandmother received it from her brother after he was in Europe for the navy. I don’t know exactly how old the ring is, but it was brought over from Europe in the late 1820s. I thought it would be cool to make up a story about the origins of the ring.

Tell me about your main character.  Who is he/she, what makes them special to you?

I struggle with this question every time I am asked because I have two sets of main characters. Sam and Gretta live in the present. Gretta’s ring is cursed, and they travel back in time to help her ancestral grandmother’s spirit figure out the mysteries behind her ring. When they travel back, Sam and Gretta’s spirits are entwined within the bodies of Lorenzo and Anya---two young lovers on a Greek island. They can influence Lorenzo and Anya, but not change the past. I have always been intrigued with time travel and ‘Quantum Leap’ was one of my favorite shows when I was younger.

Who has been your greatest writing inspiration?

My grandmother is my greatest inspiration. Not only did she give me the ring that is behind the story, she was a very good writer.




To follow Anne’s publishing journey and connect with her, check out her website and find her on Twitter and Facebook.

 
Website
 
Twitter
 
Facebook

 
Click on the Buy Link below to see Souls Entwined on Amazon which is now on sale for $0.99. Pickup a copy now.
BUY LINK

 
and make sure you pickup your copy of The Phoenix Blade: Project Justice: http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Blade-Project-Justice-ebook/dp/B00J2HG2H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400788203&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Phoenix+Blade

And remember to rate and review the books on Amazon.com. Everyone has a voice; let it be heard.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment