Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Angela Parker Interview Part 1

Welcome everyone to another big week on the Writer's Revolution. I am your host, the author of The Phoenix Blade, Andrew Hess. My guest this week takes her readers on a trip to the dark side. Welcome Angela Parker.




Let’s get to know you a little more.  Tell us about yourself.

Well first of all thank you for having me! I am 28 and I was raised on a farm in central Texas.  I can shoot, fix minor problems with older vehicles, and fish, but I usually don’t because ammunition is expensive, it is hot in Texas and the car won’t fit in the house, and I have a short supply of patience when it comes to waiting for a fish to get hungry. I draw, but not very well and I don’t feel too terrible about it because there have been many famous artists in the past that showed their work off proudly and I don’t think some of them could draw very well either. I now live in south Texas with my soul mate and our two canine housemates… and our guinea pig.

What inspired you to write?

There are many things that fit this description, but I tend to glean quite a lot of inspiration from the dream world. As far back as I can remember, I have been able to watch “mini movies” while I sleep at night, and if I am very lucky I get to watch different “episodes” of the same “mini movie” several nights in a row.

Tell me a little about your book.  (Title, plot)

The book of the summer is called “The Vain Die Empty” and it explores the possibility of a misconception about the Devil, the soul, the spirit and the afterlife.  It takes the reader on a journey behind the scenes of traditional legend by creating a world where the Devil is a fictional character based on tales spun by storytellers throughout the ages much the same way that the Cyclops may have developed from the early discovery of elephant skulls. The whole story revolves around choices and consequences.

How did you come up with the story?

I don’t want to fire up a controversial debate among the masses with this answer so I will try to tread lightly. My personal beliefs aside, in my perfect afterlife people would not burn for eternity in fiery depths for bad choices, they would receive a period of reflection designed to plan a better life for themselves  in a way that helps others. Also in my perfect afterlife I would be able to reincarnate and enjoy life on Earth until I experienced everything that I want to experience. This story developed around my idea of my personal perfect afterlife.

Tell me about your main character.  Who is he/she, what makes them special to you?

The story follows Daemonillisys, whom many would consider the Devil as he more or less preys on free will by using temptation, but in the reality of the tale he is a being from the underworld that helps to keep the balance between good and evil among humans. The balance is important to the underworld for survival, but the reasoning behind that will be revealed in the prequel to this book, which will be released at a later date because the characters keep changing their minds and don’t seem to want to follow the path that I have provided for them . ;) He is special to me because he represents difficult choices and the consequences that follow them, be they good or bad. This is important to me because while creating this character I have evolved personally by forcing these difficult choices upon myself, responding to them in a variety of ways, and accepting the consequences as if they actually happened. In retrospect I learned from mistakes that I didn’t have to make.

Who has been your greatest writing inspiration?

My earliest inspiration came from several wonderful teachers who had a hand in molding me into the writer that I am today; that being said, these same teachers would likely paint my work red today and any one of them would probably tell you that I break rules now that I would never have dared break while sitting in their classrooms.







Follow Angela on















and make sure you pickup your copy of The Phoenix Blade: Project Justice: http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Blade-Project-Justice-ebook/dp/B00J2HG2H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400788203&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Phoenix+Blade

And remember to rate and review the books on Amazon.com. Everyone has a voice; let it be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment