Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Melanie Macek Interview Part 1


Welcome everyone to another big week on the Writer's Revolution. I am your host, the author of The Phoenix Blade, Andrew Hess. This week we have the author of Renaissance Wench, Melanie Macek







Let’s get to know you a little more.  Tell us a about yourself.

I was born in California, raised in Texas and California and have been back in Texas for the last 17 years.

What inspired you to write?

I’ve written poems and songs from as early as I could remember but I didn’t attempt to write a novel until my mom passed away when I was 21. It helped get me through dealing with the loss and restructuring of our family.

Tell me a little about your book.  (Title, plot)

Renaissance Wench is a Contemporary Romance set in Houston and New Orleans. Callie is a college student working three jobs to put herself through school. She meets Simon English at her weekend job at the local Renaissance Festival which inadvertently turns into a life changing meeting for her, in more ways that one.

How did you come up with the story?

I was going to school for my creative writing degree. I was a little panicked about finishing a novel in four months, which I had to do for my Capstone project in order to graduate. A fellow writer told me about National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) which challenges you to write 50,000 words in a month. I decided to try it and came up with the premise of the book on the way to our yearly visit to our local Reniassance festival.

Tell me about your main character.  Who is he/she, what makes them special to you?

Callie Houston. She’s a hard worker, a dreamer who keeps one foot firmly grounded in reality, and a woman who knows her self worth. She’s not afraid of going after what she wants even if her family doesn’t approve of her choices. She’s earned everything she has and is a better person because of it. She hasn’t let the lows in life cancel out the highs.

Who has been your greatest writing inspiration?

That’s a tough question. I’ve been influenced by so many people and instances that it’s impossible to pinpoint one major turning point. I guess it would be my parents. They always supported whatever artistic endeavor I wanted to follow and dealt with everything from driving me to guitar lesson to listening to the screech of a clarinet until I got the hang of it to buying whatever paper or paints I asked for to practice drawing. They listened to my made up stories and read my poems.



Want to learn more about Melanie? Check out some of her sites and check out the rest of her books

Facebook: www.facebook.com/MelMacekauthor  Author promotion page
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/melanie.macek.58  author profile, a place to hold conversations.
Victoria Writers Guild: victoriawritersguild.wordpress.com/vwg-melanie-macek 
Grab your copy of Melanie's latest book; Renaissance Wench now available on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Renaissance-Wench-Melanie-Macek-ebook/dp/B00LS61CSE/ref=la_B00B44HEPA_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1406554326&sr=1-6
and make sure you pickup your copy of The Phoenix Blade: Project Justice: http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Blade-Project-Justice-ebook/dp/B00J2HG2H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400788203&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Phoenix+Blade

And remember to rate and review the books on Amazon.com. Everyone has a voice; let it be heard

No comments:

Post a Comment