Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Toi Thomas Interview Part 3

Welcome everyone to another great week of the Writer's Revolution.  I am your host, the author of The Phoenix BladeAndrew Hess.  This week we have a fun and insightful guest that loves to write Sci-Fi, Paranormal and Fantasy books.




It's time to have a little fun.


If you could only bring three items with you to a deserted island (non-writing items or people) what would they be and why?

I’d bring a book on edible and medicinal plants, a pair of reading glasses (also good for starting fires), and a tarp.

Those are interesting items to bring.  At least they would be useful to curing boredom and survival. 

The world is going to end tomorrow.  How do you live out your remaining time?

I’d like to be with my family, but it’s really big. If nothing else, I at least want to be with my husband, sharing a bowl of our favorite Indian dish with Nann, talking about all the fun times we’ve had.

Someone wants to make a movie based on your life.  Who would you pick to play you?

I have no idea. I can’t think of anyone that reminds me of myself as far as personality, but if they are a good actress that shouldn’t be an issue. As far as looks go, that another issue. I’ve told I look like any number of black actresses depending on how popular they are at the time (Nia Long, Janet Jackson, etc…), but since they are all getting older and so am I; I guess it would have to be a newcomer.

Alive or dead, who is the one person you would want to interview and why?

The answer to this question changes depending on the mood I’m in, but for now I’d have to say my great grandmother. She probably has a unique perspective on life as black women that would blow my mind.

Not many people would pick family because they feel more inclined to focus on the celebrity possibilities rather than pick someone right under their nose.  I think it’s very sweet you would pick your great grandmother.

Okay, crystal ball time.  Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?

I can’t predict the future well, but I hope I’m still writing and maybe even doing it fulltime. I know I’ll be living somewhere different than where I am now and that I’ll still be making time to be with my family. Since no children are in my future, by choice, I’ll be spoiling my nieces and nephews as they head off to college and the work force. I just pray that things in the U.S. improve so I don’t have to worry so much their futures.

Spoiling nieces and nephews are always fun. 

Any questions you would like to ask me?

As a writer, what gives you a sense of purpose or accomplishment?

My purpose is a lot different than my sense of accomplishment.  My purpose has been to express my feelings and create something that grabs readers’ attention and be different than other books or screen plays that are on the market.  My purpose has also been to help and inspire writers to find their way along this great path of writing and encourage them to continue following their passion.  My sense of accomplishment is always found in anything I complete; a series, a book, a chapter, a paragraph, even a sentence that can pull everything together.

Any final words for our readers?

I hope you’ve enjoyed this peek into my life and work and hope you encounter more of my work down the road. Whatever you do, keep reading; give the written word the power it deserves.

Where can we find you?


Eternal Curse Series Blog, eToiThomas.com (with accompanying ToiBox Blog), Toi Thomas Facebook Fan Page, Eternal Curse Series Facebook Fan Page, Toinette “Toi” Thomas Google+ Page,GoodReads Author Profile, Pinterest Profile,LinkedIn Profile, Youtube Channel, Amazon Author Central Page

Make sure you pickup your copy of the Eternal Curse Giovanni's Angel; available now on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/ETERNAL-CURSE-GIOVANNIS-Toi-Thomas/dp/1456839934/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377787284&sr=1-1

And visit the Eternal Curse Series Blog: http://ecsuniverse.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment