Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Toi Thomas Interview Part 2

Welcome everyone to another great week of the Writer's Revolution.  I am your host, the author of The Phoenix BladeAndrew Hess.  This week we have a fun and insightful guest that loves to write Sci-Fi, Paranormal and Fantasy books.





Tell me about your blog

I have two active blogs at the moment:

Eternal Curse Series: This blog is mostly dedicated to featuring tidbits about my Eternal Curse Series, but I also guest host authors and bloggers and do author interviews. There is also a bit of geek culture highlighted on this blog. #cursescanbebroken

ToiBox: This blog is dedicated to discussing and breaking down my writing processes, offering sample of my writing, and talking about my works in progress. I also post partial guest posts and interviews from my other blog here. #thetoiboxofwords

How long have you been blogging for?

I’ve been blogging for almost as long as I’ve been pursuing publication, about three years now.

What inspired you to write your blog?

The first blog I wrote was a challenge I wrote just for myself to see if I could do it. It was a way for me to further develop the story I was working on while giving me a prompt to write daily for 40 days straight about that story.

Tell us what your thought process was the first time you interviewed an author.

The first time I interviewed an author it was purely a learning process. I wanted to see if I could do it and do it well. I wanted to prove myself as a professional and provide the author with a final product that they felt was worth telling others about. I was nervous, but it was fun.

Do you have any authors that you interviewed that stick out in your mind as a memorable interview?

There are several that stick out in my mind; some because they were so fun and some because they were not. Sometimes as an interviewer, depending on what your motive is, you find that you have to try really hard to make your interviewee sound more interesting than they really are. Not all people have super dynamic personalities and that’s okay.

Where would you like to see the blog go from here?


I kind of like my blogs where they are now, but of course I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a bunch more followers. I like being able to use these outlets to promote, not only myself, but others as well. We live in visual world and I just can’t sit by and do nothing while reading becomes a novelty. I’m a big movie buff, I love music, and my husband loves video games, but we make reading a priority. I promote books and authors because I think authors should be just as important to the world of entertainment as music groups or movie stars


Join us tomorrow for part 3 of our interview with Toi Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment