Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My interview on Writers with Books

Welcome everyone to another great week of the Writer's Revolution.  I am your host, the author of The Phoenix BladeAndrew Hess.  Tonight I come to you from my virtual book tour; where I was just interviewed on Writers With Books.  Stop by their website to follow the tour.


http://writerswithbooks.blogspot.ca/2013/06/the-phoenix-blade-by-andrew-hess.html



Interview with Andrew Hess, author of The Pheonix Blade

AG:  Hello, I would like to know a little more about you. When did you start writing short stories?

AH: I started writing when I was in fifth grade.  I was in the Creative Writing Club and came up with unique interesting stories about super heros.  Unfortunately It ended for several years until I started college.  I wanted to write about how I pictured my life.  After a few years of writing, I stumbled into my first novel idea.

AG: Should writers belong to Writers’ Forums?

AH: I think writers should definitely belong to Writers' Forums.  I've connected with several other writers since joining various groups.  They helped me prepare for my first book signing, answer questions relating to the use of real names of cars, buildings, or towns, and also tips on the use of social media to promote your work.

AG: What do you think of literary agents and book publishers? Are they worth the wait or is it all about “presentation and brief but convincing details”

AH: I think literary agents and book publishers are helpful, but they are over populated with query submissions that they overlook writers that can potentially become a best seller.  I think writers have a better chance at gaining recognition for their work and can build an audience with self publishing which can eventually lead to getting a literary agent.

AG: I really like the title and also the book cover. It makes me think that problems will be solved. Where does this inspiration come from?

AH: I've always had a fascination with the symbol of a Phoenix.  To me it represents life.  There is always things that can bring you down and keep you from what you want, but you can rise up out of the ashes and break away from the negatives in your life.  I truly believe that having faith (spirtual and in yourself) can help overcome any obstacle. 

AG:  Some famous writers say that it is better to read other genres when trying to get creative, what is your opinion on that?

AH: I think that's true for the most part.  I've branched out between fantasy, mystery, and thrillers when reading and has impacted some of my creativity.  I feel reading different genres can provide a baseline of story ideas. 

AG: Who inspires you - in every sense of the word?

AH: There's a lot that inspires me.  My fiance' and my parents have been the biggest inspiration because they've had the most faith in me and my writing.  They've been with me every step of the way; encouraging me to keep writing and pushing hard to get where I am.  They always remind me that I can only fail if I give up.  Everything else is a success.
Thank you for your time
Adriana LG

No comments:

Post a Comment