Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Elaine Cougler Interview Part 2

Welcome everyone to the Writer's Revolution.  I am your host, the author of The Phoenix BladeAndrew Hess.  Today we continue our interview with author Elaine Cougler



Okay, it’s time to have a little fun as we get to know you more.

If you could only bring three items with you to a deserted island (non-writing items or people) what would they be and why?

Suntan lotion for obvious reasons, my iPad because I’d have Internet and could get books, and a good pillow.

I think the iPad has been something a lot of people would bring, but I don’t think many would think to bring suntan lotion and a pillow.  Those would be handy to have as well.

The world is going to end tomorrow.  How do you live out your remaining time?

I tell my daughter and her family to get on a plane immediately and come home. With my son and his family, along with my wonderful husband, we have a family barbecue. We do all the preparing, cooking, and munching together, just enjoying each others’ company.  I read stories to them all, maybe even some I’ve written. We sing together and harmonize.

That’s very sweet and nice way to spend that time.  I think spending it with the ones you love is the most important thing.

Someone wants to make a movie based on your life.  Who would you pick to play you?

I would pick a cross between Sandra Bullock, Shirley MacLaine, and Meryl Streep.

Alive or dead, who is the one person you would want to interview and why?

I would like to interview my mother who has been gone for fifteen years now. So many questions have come to me since she died that I would like to have her answer.  And I’d love to be able to reminisce with her about all the wonderful memories I have of both growing up and of sharing a life with her.

Most people usually would answer a celebrity or an artist.  I love that you picked someone that means a lot to you.  Not many people would think to interview a loved one.
Okay, crystal ball time.  Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?

The Loyalist Trilogy all published. A book of memoir published as well. Time to sit by the sea and bask in blues and breezes with nary a care in the world.

Any questions you would like to ask me?

Do you read historical fiction and have you read The Loyalist’s Wife?  J

I never thought to read historical fiction before.  I think I read one or two books on quests for the Holy Grail.  Other than that I don’t think I’ve read too many books on historical fiction.  I haven’t had a chance to read The Loyalist’s Wife yet, but after reading the excerpt and hearing you talk about it, I cannot wait to read it.  I already downloaded it to my Kindle.

Any final words for our readers?

Treasure your reading times as moments to listen, learn, and love.

Where can we find you?

Elaine blogs at On Becoming a Wordsmith which may be found at www.elainecougler.com. She also is frequently found here: @ElaineCougler, Facebook/ElaineCouglerAuthor, and LinkedIn author groups. The Loyalist’s Wife is available on Amazon and Kobo. www.amazon.com  www.kobo.com 

Thank you everyone for tuning into the Writer's Revolution.  Make sure to pick up your copy of the Loyalist's Wife now available on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=elaine%20cougler&sprefix=elaine+cou%2Caps%2C155&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aelaine%20cougler

And remember to grab your copy of The Phoenix Blade; also available on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/The-Phoenix-Blade-Andrew-Hess/dp/1482052733/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375974928&sr=8-1&keywords=the+phoenix+blade

No comments:

Post a Comment