Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Beginning pt2

Some people always wonder how writers get their inspiration for their books, blogs, movie scripts, poems, or stories.  I know it was always something I thought about; especially when critiquing a movie I just saw and didn't like (I'm sure that will happen to me one day too).  When I went to school in Farmingdale University and then at New Paltz, I worked for two video rental companies that will remain nameless.  These stores provided the perfect setting for my creative mind to work with.  I could see what plots and movies worked well with their viewers and what didn't; as well as give inspiration for future ideas for my own writing and how to make it better (I'm not saying to do that, but it worked well for me at the time).

Now this next part may seem a little controversial but that's part of who I am.  It took me until 2004 and 2005 to come up with my next book idea.  2004 was election year and was the first time I was voting.  This was my second year in New Paltz and began to see their point of view on society and politics (and watching Michael Moore documentaries didn't help either).  I was looking at the world through a different set of eyes; ones that were focused on being against the Republicans and more for the people.  As I said it was election year and we all know who won that one.  Most of the students in the area wanted a change in regards to the President and especially within the government and that was not something we were granted. 

For a few groups of people, they liked to protest their dislikes; especially government related topics.  However, I was a different kind of person and liked to write about it.  I wanted to change the world but didn't know how to do it.  So I wondered what if someone forced a change and what if that person was already inside the government?  I decided to center the book around a small group of friends who wanted to change the world and would go to any lengths to do it.  I wanted to call the book Tales of the Phoenix Blade, because I was uncertain how many books I wanted to create, I love swords, and the Phoenix was an important figure in my life (more of that in later posts). 

The Phoenix Blade book had its purpose and a nice plot to start, but it needed more.  It needed ways to attract a reader.  It needed to be entertaining, exciting, breath taking, and innovative.  I needed to create a book that could reach readers no matter the age or gender. 

The Phoenix Blade was meant to create change for the better.  Despite still not being picked up by a literary agent or publisher, it has already changed the lives of myself and a few others that I have let read it (More to come in the future).

This is only the beginning; there's a lot more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment