Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Taking time to relax

I know there is a lot to discuss when it comes to writing, but I want to use tonight to talk about taking time out for yourself.  Now some of you might be thinking I can relax later when I'm done writing or when I made it big.  Others might say that's great and over indulge in the relaxation.  I know from first hand experience that both of these are the wrong thought process to have.  If you over indulge in relaxing, it becomes hazardous to your drive to succeed and in your writing ability.  On the other hand being too focused has its pit falls as well; such as being focused on one particular aspect of writing, burning yourself out, and of course it becomes a source of writer's block.

To succeed not only in writing, but in anything you do, you need to have a good balance of work and relaxation.  Take time out for yourself each day to enjoy little things.  Take me for example.  I work a full time job where I am on the road driving each day and come home to write up reports.  I have a whole night ahead of me before I go to bed, wake up and repeat it again the next day.  I choose to write the same five days I work because it is easier to get things done (I'm not saying for you to do this).  After I eat dinner, I watch a little TV and then go into my writing.  I am currently working on three different projects (a book, a movie script, and this blog).  Now I know that might seem like a lot, but I have a lot that goes through my head and sometimes it works for me and other times it works against me. 

Every night I still make sure I take the time to call my girlfriend, watch a movie or a couple of TV shows, play a video game, or just sit around and listen to music with the lights off.  I choose to do these things because they help to relax me and ease my stress from the day.  Once my head is clear and the rest of the world isn't influencing my thoughts, it is much easier for me to concentrate on what I want to write about. 

I hope this has been of some help to you.  Here is also a link that might help reduce stress.
http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/blissing-out-10-relaxation-techniques-reduce-stress-spot

No comments:

Post a Comment