Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Inspiration

I wanted to use tonight to talk about one of the fundamental components to writing or doing anything in a creative artistic field; inspiration.  In my opinion, inspiration is what brings a writer to his/her craft.  It is what we look for in life to bring us the next idea for a future project or something to work on at that moment.  It can be found anywhere; in a movie, a TV show, music, nature, talking to friends and family, and sometimes even when you are at work staring at a door or window. 

You can find inspiration anywhere and in anything.  There are a few places I like to go to create new ideas.  For starters I like to go to the beach.  It doesn't matter if it is day or night, I will go there to sit on the sand and listen to the waves wash up on the shore.  I'll watch the sun or moon light bounce off the water and let the wind relax me.  I have written many poems based off of my time at different beaches.  Another area was the Walk over the Hudson.  It is upstate in Highland/Poughkeepsie area.  It's a long walk to get from one side of the bridge to the other, but well worth it.  I don't get up there that often, but when I have it is amazing to see.  You stand high above the water and watch it flow easily underneath you.  You can watch the cars pass by on the Mid Hudson Bridge.  This has provided ideas for one of my books.

There are so many examples of finding inspiration that I could talk about.  Instead I want to encourage you to use the weekend to enjoy the weekend, relax, and find some inspiration in everything you do.  For me I will be heading back into my old stomping grounds in New Paltz and Poughkeepsie this weekend.  I will also be on the Anthony Charles Podcast taping this weekend which will be available soon.  Stay tuned for details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment