Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Beginning pt1

When writing anything, you should always start with an idea and then work on your beginning.  So that is exactly what I'm going to do.  I don't want to bore you with the random childhood memories of how I started writing crazy imaginative stories in fifth grade and how I took part in the Creative Writing Club before school that year, but that's where it began.  Unfortunately I cannot remember much of that time or the stories I wrote.  To be honest there's not much I can remember from my childhood in regards to writing other than creating my own newspaper in sixth grade and selling it for a quarter (I've never been one to take No or you can't do that without coming back with a heavy response).

The next time I decided to write anything was after four years of wrestling in various backyard wrestling promotions on Long Island.  I was injured numerous times and knew I couldn't go after my dream of being a Pro Wrestler.  I was told by my doctor that the bottom of my spine was twisting pretty bad and was not advised to continue any kind of wrestling.  It crushed me that I was told I shouldn't wrestle again.  There was so much more that I wanted to do; more that I could contribute.  But in my mind if I couldn't be a wrestler, I didn't want to be part of it at all. 

So I started college in 2001 at Farmingdale University and tried to find a different path I could travel down; hoping to find a new career or dream to throw myself into.  As I sat in my english class I decided to write the ending to my wrestling life (the ending I wished would have happened).  I figured it woudl be a good and healthy way of dealing with things I could not control in my life.  I wrote every day during my breaks between classes and every night when I came home from work.  I included everything I could that legitimately occurred before writing what I wished would have happened.

It took another four years before I decided to attempt another book, but you'll have to wait for the next installment for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment