Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Anne Conley Inerview Part 1


Welcome everyone to another big week on the Writer's Revolution. I am your host, the author of The Phoenix Blade, Andrew Hess. This week we have a big treat for all of the romantics out there as our guest this week is the author of the Stories of Serendipity and The Four Winds Series, Anne Conley



Let’s get to know Anne a little more.  Tell us a about yourself.

My name is Anne Conley, and I live with my husband and children in rural East Texas.  I write Contemporary Romance, mostly to get out of doing housework, but also because I like telling stories that I can relate to.  I’ve recently discovered (within the last five years or so) that my stories are my greatest escape.  They’re steamy, and some have a little grit, but most of them are realistic and relatable (with the possible exception of the steamy parts, because sex isn’t always that great.)


 What inspired you to write?

I’ve always wanted to write a novel.  When the Indie Publishing boom started, I was reading all sorts of stuff, and complaining about it all to my husband.  Finally, he told me to just write my own book.  So I did.  I was tired of reading the same old, CEO bazillionaire takes the virgin type stuff, so I wrote some romances about people in their thirties and forties falling in love in a small Texas town called Serendipity.  And then I got a bug up my butt about writing a paranormal romance series about the archangels.  It’s an attempt to reconcile my Christian back bone with my smutty mind.  J


Tell me a little about your book.  (Title, plot)


My latest release in my series, The Stories of Serendipity, is My Mistake.  It’s about two people who were friends in high school re-uniting as adults and finding love, despite past mistakes.  Here’s the blurb:


Welcome to Serendipity, Texas, where the days are hot and the nights are steamy. Meet real people with real problems, as they live life and find love in a small town.

12 years ago, Brent walked away from his one big love, and has regretted it ever since. He’s done nothing but make mistake after mistake with his life. Now, he’s finally getting his act together, starting up a sanctuary for abused and neglected horses, and staying clean.

Casey had put Brent out of her mind the best way she knew how, by going on with her own life: getting married and trying to have kids. When her marriage ends up being a mistake, she moves back in with her mother in Serendipity to lick her wounds. What she doesn’t expect is Brent, waltzing back into her life.

Can they put their own and each other’s mistakes behind them to move forward together? When Casey’s life is put in danger, Brent steps up, but will it be enough?

My Mistake is book seven in the Stories of Serendipity. You will meet some of the same characters, but they are all stand-alone novels.


 How did you come up with the story?

I’m not sure exactly…I wrote the beginning of it for a Summer Heat Blog Hop I participated in, where we were supposed to have steamy excerpts or original pieces.  It sort of just grew from there.  I do have a close friend who has battled addiction for most of his life, and this was an opportunity for me to tell that story too.  It’s a steamy story of redemption with a little suspense thrown in for good measure.


 Tell me about your main character.  Who is he/she, what makes them special to you?

Casey is a spunky woman who has been let down by her life.  She runs to her mama’s house to lick her wounds after a particularly nasty divorce.  She reminds me a lot of myself: sassy, mama’s girl, likes to feel girly occasionally. 


 Who has been your greatest writing inspiration?

I met Liliana Hart at a writer’s retreat on my birthday one year, and she told her indie publishing story.  That got the ball rolling for me, and inspired me to do what I didn’t think was possible.  Since then, I’ve met so many great writers doing the same thing I’m doing, and it’s been one of the most remarkable journeys of my life.

Join us tomorrow for part 2 of my interview with Anne Conley. As an added bonus here are a few blurbs from her books  Dream On (the second in the Stories of Serendipity Series) and Falling for Grace (the second in the Four Winds Series)



Welcome to Serendipity, Texas, a town where real people deal with real problems. Meet characters in their thirties and forties struggling with day-to-day issues and managing to find love in the process. Visit Serendipity, where the days are hot, and the nights are steamy! 

Alyssa has a hard time keeping up with her responsibilities, and she's has a lot: her elderly mother, both kids, her high school students, and of course, herself. When she starts dreaming of a handsome bad boy living a kinky lifestyle, she wonders what in the world her subconscious is telling her. She barely has time for her own life, much less one involving a guy with those kinds of appetites. 

Dalton has been living life on the edge for too long. When he begins dreaming of a woman from his hometown, Serendipity, he initially thinks it's something inside him, letting him know it's time to settle down. When his dad gets sick, and Dalton has to move back home to take care of the family ranch, he realizes his dream girl is a reality. 

Sparks fly in this sizzling novel that explores love and lust in a small town setting, complete with ex-husbands, high school football, and nosy school boards. 

Warning: Some content not suitable for under 18 years of age




Rafael is one of God’s Four Winds, the Archangel of Healing. He has answered the countless prayers for healing of loved ones, wondering what it was about the emotion that made humans willing to sacrifice so much. 

Grace is a lifeguard who has been on Rafe’s radar since she lost a little boy three years ago. What she doesn’t realize is the green haze that comes over her during a rescue is actually a divine presence who’s about to give up his celestial body to become a very real entity in her life. 

While Grace is trying to overcome her own demon, Rafe is discovering his own sexuality, but there’s a darker presence making himself known. The Deceiver wants what Rafe is getting, and he’ll do whatever it takes to have her.



In the meantime, follow Anne on
Facebook @https://www.facebook.com/anneconleyauthor


No comments:

Post a Comment