Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Love & Heartbreak Tour Day 8: Brittney Mulliner

 https://www.facebook.com/events/207264822948109/https://www.facebook.com/Phoenixentertainmentanddevelopment/




About Brittney Mulliner:

Brittney has been an avid reader since she can remember. Her parents' form of punishment for her growing up was taking away her books and making her go outside to play. She was born and raised in Southern California, with a brief hiatus in Arizona. She loves the beach, exercising, sleeping in, and cookies. She is an obsessive dog lover, although her affection currently has no outlet. Something that she is planning on remedying soon. She and her husband are currently working their way through college.

Find her at http://brittneymulliner.com/












Begin Again:

Escaping her past, Aubrey Tate moves to Southern California for a fresh start with her older brother, Brandon. Starting over at a new school seems easy with her cousin, Mckayla, and her two best friends at her side, but handling the new guys is another matter. Aubrey ends up in the middle of three rivals that each wants her to themselves. Mike claims her first and declares himself her friend and protector. Luke is the school heartthrob that stops Aubrey in her tracks, speechless. Gage is the mysterious, dark outsider that Aubrey can be herself around.
How will she navigate her new life while she's still haunted by her past?
 http://www.amazon.com/Begin-Again-Brittney-Mulliner-ebook/dp/B00P44IZCM/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8




Interview:



Tell us a about yourself.
I’m a born and raised California girl that is now living 700 miles from the beach. I recently graduated with a degree in Global Studies because I listened to the idea that you should study what you love. So after four long years of interesting classes I have a degree I’ll never put to practical use, but that’s just fine since I discovered my love of writing halfway through my senior year. 

How long have you been writing and what inspired you to write?
I’ve been writing for almost two years. It all started with a crazy dream that I couldn’t get out of my head. Finally I wrote it down and it turned into a novel and then a series. 

Tell me a little about your book.
It’s about a teenage girl, Aubrey, that overcomes her past instead of letting it define her. She makes new friends, meets lots of boys, and has to get used to living with her older brother. There’s drama, angst, romance, and a twist.

Who has been your greatest writing inspiration?
The Harry Potter Series is what made me fall in love with reading as a child, so obviously Rowling is an inspiration. The authors in my various writing groups are the ones that keep me going on a daily basis. Having people to talk to and ask advice from is invaluable for any writer.

What would be your ideal writing space?
I’ve recently finished mine! I have my own writing room and I bought an old desk from a secondhand store and repainted it. For Christmas I got a second monitor, wireless keyboard, and a super nice chair. My setup is pretty awesome now. I don’t have any quantifiable proof, but I think it’s increased my productivity.

If you could meet any author from any time period, who would it be and why?
JK Rowling. I really want to get the chance to say thank you for creating and sharing the most amazing story and not giving up on getting it published.

Now a little more about you: If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you bring (excluding family, laptop, or writing utensils)?
My kindle, on my island I’d find an outlet, and a paddle board and volleyball to entertain myself.

We find out the world is going to end tomorrow. How do you live your last day?
With my family, watching the Harry Potter movies and eating as much ice cream and cookies as I could.

If we were to make a movie of your life. Who would play the part of you?
Jennifer Lawrence. She’s award winning, beautiful, and absolutely hilarious. If she played me we could become friends and life would be that much closer to perfection.

Tell us 5 random things about yourself.
I have an unabashed love for One Direction.
I work out six days a week.
I’m gluten free, not by choice.
I majored in Global Studies knowing I would never have a career in the field.
I wish I was brave enough to drop everything and travel the world with my husband.

What are the three places you have always wanted to visit but have not yet?
Ireland, the UK, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

If you could travel to any time in history, when would you visit?
1950’s to meet Audrey Hepburn as a young actress.

If you could have dinner with any of your characters, which ones would you choose? What food would you serve?
Gage. He was supposed to make one small appearance, but stuck around and wouldn’t leave me alone. He became one of my favorite characters. I think we’d get some street tacos by the beach. 

Okay, crystal ball time. Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
Hopefully, I’ll have over a dozen books out, be a NY Times Bestseller, be writing full-time, and have a dog.




https://www.facebook.com/betweenthecoverz/


No comments:

Post a Comment