Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Review: Wolf Moon by C.D. Gorri










From the Author:

I earned my Bachelor's Degree in English Literature from Montclair State University. I attended Catholic school from grades K-12 and am the youngest of six daughters born to Italian immigrant parents.

I currently live in my home state of New Jersey with my husband, my children, and my dog.

It has always been my dream to be an author and I am proud to say I am currently writing a teen/YA paranormal fiction series. My eBooks, Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel, and Hunter Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel #2, are on sale now.


I am working on book 3, Rebel Moon,and am hoping for a winter 2015 release.

You can connect with me on Twitter @cgor22, Instagram CDGorri, Google+, tumblr, Shelfari, Goodreads, and Facebook http://www.facebook.com/cdgorribooks or visit my website www.cdgorri.com.

Thank you and happy reading!






Synopsis:

Hi. My name is Grazi Kelly. There are things I know are true and things that I never would have guessed. First, demons and witches exist and they are evil. Second, the world is up for grabs and the witches are getting their minions ready. Third, I’m a werewolf and it’s my job to stop them.

High school sophomore Grazi Kelly leads an ordinary life in the suburbs of New Jersey helping her grandmother with chores and attending Catholic school. Things are pretty good except for her bullying cousin and the rest of the obnoxious cheer team. Then things take a frightening turn when the night of the full moon arrives and the bodies start piling up. Grazi learns that she is different in ways she never expected. She finds herself torn between Sebastian, the school soccer star and Ronan, a foreign exchange student who shares her secret. She must uncover the identity behind the mysterious attacker, but is she ready for the entire truth?



Review:

Wolf Moon was definitely different than the books I typically read, but found it to be a very interesting read. In the beginning of the book, you see Grazi's life as a young teenage girl that has had a rough life. Her parents were killed when she was only three, she was forced to live with her grandmother, her aunt, her uncle and her cousins. Her older cousin Julianna and her friends tend to make Grazi's life a living hell at school. You really get a feel for how badly Grazi gets treated by everyone but her grandmother. Once Grazi learns what she is, she becomes faster and stronger with a sense of purpose, even though she doesn't know what that purpose is. Her whole life is flipped and turned upside down for the better.
The way C.D. Gorri wrote about Grazi with her heightened senses gave you a feel for now only how she was transitioning, but also with who the other characters were as well. I thought the story was well developed and that the characters played off each other nicely. I thought the plot moved along nicely but felt there should've been more about the demon that was attacking people in her town. It definitely had me wanting to read more and look forward to checking out the next book.


Get your copy of Wolf Moon now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Moon-Grazi-Kelly-Novel-ebook/dp/B00IS0WW5A/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

And check out the next book in the series Hunter Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment