Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Friday, June 24, 2016

Detective Ryan Series Countdown Day 4


Thank you for joining us on The Writers Revolution. This week we are celebrating the upcoming release of Conviction (book 3 of the Detective Ryan Series). We are 3 days away from the release and release party. Join us each day as we bring you more from the Detective Ryan Series, including teasers, reviews, and even an excerpt.
https://www.facebook.com/events/201092486943774/


 Today, we're going to share a Q&A Session Andrew completed.

Tell us about your writing - What genre do you prefer to write? What books, stories, other publications that you've written are your personal favorites? Anything new coming up?

I tend to write mostly mystery/suspense or romantic/suspense, but I do like to dabble in other genres as well.
All of my books have been a favorite of mine because of the meaning they hold for me.:
Chamber of Souls
Hall of the Forgotten
The Phoenix Blade Series (government conspiracy series)
Trapped Inside
The Detective Ryan Series
#1 Fan
I also have several more books releasing this year, including:
Deadly Games (Book 1 of the Detective Thornton Series)
Detours in our Destination (An Anthology Book Set)
Finding Strength (Book 1 in the Strength, Hope, and Love Series)

 
What about you as a person? What do you do to relax? Favorite movies or tv shows? Hobbies?

Relaxing; is there really such a thing? Swimming, watching TV/movies, and cooking are my favorite things to do. Favorite shows…Boy Meets World, Scrubs, Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, Big Brother, Monday Night Raw.

What gets your creative juices going? Do you write to a music, and do you want to share your playlist?

I don’t really have a set playlist, but I do like listening to music when I write. The genre and artists vary depending on my mood and what I’m writing. It ranges from Beethoven to Metallica and pretty much everything in between.

"All writers must have cats, especially if they write fantasy or speculative fiction." Do you have a stand on this one? Any cute pictures of your kitty or other pet?

I used to have cats but do not anymore. Surprisingly I don’t usually include any pets in my writing either. I am more of a dog person.


What organizations do you recommend for those wanting to become writers? Any advice you'd like to share about writing?

I don’t really know specific organizations to join, but I will say finding ways to network is key. Become a blogger, join book tours and get to know the industry a little more. Get on several social media sites and connect with other authors as well.

What writers inspired you to become an author?

I guess at heart I’ve always been a writer, but it came out more when I was in college. Between reading James Patterson books, the Complete Collection of Edgar Allen Poe and even the Harry Potter books took me to a different place where my imagination could run rampant. By becoming an author I could create those worlds too.


If you could travel to any time in history, when would you visit?

I love reading and watching anything from medieval times and the Renaissance.

If you could have dinner with any of your characters, which ones would you choose? What food would you serve?
I think I would need to do a Table for 3 and sit down with the Benefactor from The Phoenix Blade Series, and Detective Ali Ryan from the Detective Ryan Series. The Benefactor would of course need to dine in style and he has a way of being so underhanded and manipulative that it would spark my interest. Detective Ryan is a spitfire and doesn't take crap from anyone. So, I would love to see how her and the Benefactor interact.


If you could travel anywhere, on earth or off, where would you go?

Italy and Ireland. Both are beautiful countries with a lot to see.

What color would you wear if you had only one choice?

Blue…It’s pretty much the dominant color I wear now.

Describe your dream writing spot.

On a beach in St. Lucia or at a Bistro in Italy.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment