About the Book:
RORY (In The Company of Snipers, #6) By: Irish Winters Pages: 304 Published: February 9, 2015 Publisher: Windy Day Press
Agent Rory Dennison is every woman’s dream. Tall, dark and Hollywood handsome, the ex-Marine scout sniper maintains a private life none of his teammates suspect. The TEAM is just a job. He intends to keep it that way—until assassins murder the father of the tiny Tibetan girl in his charge.
Rory finds himself pulled into a world of mystery and intrigue when he and his companion agent, Ember Davis, are forced to flee with Nima Dawa. Too late he discovers Nima is not only destined to become the next Dalai Lama, but she has an unearthly gift of sight.
She can see right through him. And she does.
His carefully guarded private life is suddenly at risk. He doesn't know what to trust or who to believe. The world is too full of shadows.
He isn't the only one with secrets....
Top Ten - Things About The Sniper Series
1. As of today, there are 13 books in the series, In the Company of Snipers: Alex, Mark, Zack, Harley, Connor, Rory, Taylor, Gabe, Maverick, Cassidy, Adam, Lee, Hunter.
2. The series begins with a returned war hero, USMC Staff Sergeant Alex Stewart, and his need to continue to serve his country. He starts a covert surveillance company, simply called The TEAM, in Alexandria, Virginia; close to the federal agencies he hopes will need his particular services.
3. Alex hires ex-military snipers returning home from the war because he understands how difficult civilian life is for a man like him returning home. Already trained covert operators, they make the perfect undercover agents when the State Department needs a specific enemy or ally overseas watched. Or when the FBI needs an assist extracting an agent who was never supposed to be inside enemy territory in the first place. Or when a child has been abducted out of the country by a non-custodial parent.
4. Alex Stewart never intended to build a family. But in the process of hiring patriotic men and women of integrity and honor; warriors who’ve stood fast in the face of brutality and war, who understand the need to defend the innocent and weak—he has built a family.
5. Alex lives by a code of honor. He does not hire men or women who enjoy killing. His business is not a company of mercenaries for hire.
6. I write about ex-military snipers because I want a real hero who has proven he or she isn’t afraid to take on the world.
7. I write about strong women because my heroes deserved an equal who isn’t afraid to stand toe to toe these alpha males, love the daylights out of them, but also remind them of who they really are.
8. I never intended to write a series, but these guys kept showing up in my dreams, needing their stories told. What else could I do?
9. I had one signed contract with a traditional publisher and two other offers from traditional publishers on my desk when I decided to go indie. After I published my 3rd book, Zack, I received another offer for the series from another publisher. Unfortunately, they couldn’t offer anything substantial that I didn’t already have. Guess I’ll stay self-pubbed, pick my own cover art, set my own schedules, and work with people I choose.
10. The series is completely fiction.
Meet the Author:
Irish Winters is an award-winning author who dabbles in poetry, grandchildren, and rarely (as in extremely rarely) the kitchen. More prone to be outdoors than in, she grew up the quintessential tomboy on a farm in rural Wisconsin, spent her teenage years in the Pacific Northwest, but calls the Wasatch Mountains of Northern Utah home. For now. The wife of one handsome husband and the mother of three perfect sons, Irish divides her time between writing at home and travelling the country with her man while - writing. (Seriously, what else?) She believes in making every day count for something and follows the wise admonition of her mother to, "Look out the window and see something!" To learn more about Irish and her books, please visit www.IrishWinters.com.
Social Media Links:
Follow The Tour:
March 16th ~ Amazeballs Book Addicts – Guest PostMarch 16th ~ Reads All The Books – ReviewMarch 17th ~ Pixie Vixen Reviews – ReviewMarch 17th ~ Writer's Revolution – Guest PostMarch 18th ~ Lynn's Romance Enthusiast – ReviewMarch 19th ~ Jen's Reading Obsession – ReviewMarch 19th ~ My Secret Bookspot – ReviewMarch 20th ~ The Pleasure of Reading Today – ReviewMarch 22nd ~ Pinkie's Favorite Reads – ReviewTBA ~ Amazeballs Book Addicts – Review