Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Phoenix Blade Chapter 2


Welcome to the Writer's Revolution. It's the first weekend of November and I wanted to share with you my readers the first few chapters of my book, The Phoenix Blade
If you like what you read, feel free to pick up your copy on Amazon.com (paperback or  kindle)
http://www.amazon.com/The-Phoenix-Blade-Andrew-Hess/dp/1482052733/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375974928&sr=8-1&keywords=the+phoenix+blade



Chapter 2

      The Benefactor enjoyed his trips to his private office.  It was a small building that helped him keep his personal life separate from his business.  The walls were lined with books; making his office look like a personal library.

      He entered it and quickly placed his jacket on the coat rack. 

      “Are you still there,” he said into a small cell phone as he approached a large chestnut desk.

      “Yes,” said a man’s voice from the speaker.

      “Good, I need the account numbers.”

      “Are you sure you want to go through with this?”

      He stopped to look at his watch.  “Our guests will be here any minute and the first recruits have been contacted.  There’s no turning back now.”

      “I hope you know what you’re doing.”

      “Just make sure the transactions go through.  We don’t need anyone snooping around.  Everyone has something to lose.”

      The Benefactor opened the bottom cabinet and pulled out a large black briefcase.  It was filled with different color coordinated folders.  He grabbed the first file Creating a New World, and buzzed the intercom.

      The door opened revealing a tall busty blond.  She walked into the room wearing a tight white half buttoned blouse and short red skirt.  “Yes sir.  Is there something I can do for you?”
      The Benefactor watched his personal secretary walk slowly towards him.

      “Joyce, I need the conference room setup immediately and copies of this file placed at every seat.  Our guests should be here soon.”

“Is there anything I can do for you after that,” she said seductively.

“Hold all of my calls.  I don’t want any disruptions.”

She leaned over the desk; letting her breasts come down to his eye level.  She picked up the file and sauntered out of the room.

“Oh and Joyce…I want to see you in my office after the meeting.  I’ll be conducting your performance review.”

She looked back and smiled at the Benefactor.  He waited until she closed the door before dialing another number into his phone.

“Good afternoon Agent Fields.”

“Afternoon sir.  What can I do for you?”

“Did you get the files I sent over?”

“Yes sir.”

“Good, I need you to deliver them to the address I provided.  You need to be there by tonight and be very discreet.”

“I’ll be there in a couple of hours.”

He placed the phone down as the intercom buzzed again.  “Sir, I wanted to let you know your guests have arrived.  They’re in the conference room.”

“I’ll be with them in a few minutes.”  He stared at his computer and found an email with a small list of numbers on it.  He printed out multiple copies and took them into the large conference room. 

The door swung open; causing everyone to drop their paperwork and turn their heads toward him.  He looked at the men in well dressed suits sitting at an oval mahogany table.
 “My friends, you know why I have asked you here.  I contacted our first recruits and have started the ball rolling on Project Justice.  I have one of our assets delivering their first mission and supplies.  It will be costly, but our mission needs to be kept confidential.  If you would open your files, I would like to cover our expense report and future expenditures.  We need to allocate our resources to an off shore account which will be closely monitored by our own personal accountant.”

No comments:

Post a Comment