Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Anniversary of sorts.

While I was driving the other day, I listened to one of my interviews I did for the Anthony Charles Podcast.  In it he asked me when did I decide writing was my voice.  My answer was it had been six years since I decided to become a writer.  The interview was recorded back in 2011/2012 when my first book, the Chamber of Souls was released.  The interview made me realize that even in a year or two so much can change; writing styles, the way people talk, the way they dress, and the way they carry themselves in both private and public settings.  This can be easily chalked up to the events in ones life helping a person to grow, or a way of maturing. 

After six years of working my way into the writing industry, I felt like I was on top of the world.  I think everyone does when they reach a major accomplishment or goal in life.  But I quickly understood there was much more to learn.

It's been two years later, and this month makes it officially eight years since I decided to become a writer and starter the book that would change my life; The Phoenix Blade (Which I will give my readers more info on in the next post).  In the two years that have passed, I have found and connected with more writers and potential writers than I ever realized were out there.  People who have great ideas, or just stories from their past; itching to written and shown to the world.  A lot has been held back by them because they have been afraid to put themselves out there or didn't know what to write about or how to write it in the first place.  And for that I tell people to push yourselves to learn.  Put yourselves out there for people to see.  If you don't know how to do something, ask for help.  Linkedin is a great place to meet other writers and get their opinions.  Also take to reading more books about how to develop structure, characters, plots, and the specific genre you want to write about.

The thing that I have learned the most in the eight years of writing is that every moment I spent pouring my heart and soul into everything that I wrote and rewrote has been worth it.  Those moments of creating characters, venting into my poetry, working alongside with my brother, and talking to other writers and potential writers I wouldn't trade any of those moments for anything.  It is a crazy, hard working, and dedicated business to work your way into, but it has been one of the most rewarding and inspiring business to be a part of and I have only just begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment