Patricia PacJac Carroll~ I am a writer, Christian first, and blessed beyond my imagination. I live in the Dallas-Ft Worth area of Texas with my wonderful treasure of a husband, my spoiled dog, Jacs, and my awesome son, Josh. Did I say I was blessed? The PacJac is from my initials and my husbands. I wouldn't be able to write if it weren't for him. I love adventure and the open road. The stories of the western era have always been a favorite of mine. I enjoy writing, and my goal is to write stories readers will enjoy.
Connect with the Author here:
Zebulon Benton dreams of going to Montana, but he’s the only son and his mother doesn’t want him to go and his father needs help with the family store. Unknown to Zeb, his mother sends off for a mail order bride. After all, if Zeb marries and settles down, he won’t want to leave.
Enter Amy Gordon from New York. She appears to be the perfect bride for Zeb. Except she also wants to go to Montana and nothing is going to stop her especially her love for Zeb.
Even More Snippets:
1. . She did not want to ask. Did not want to ask. Did not. “Have you shot anyone?”
2. The sheriff eyed her with a serious expression. “The west is a good place to start over. For a man. I’d advise you to be careful. Colorado is full of lonely men wanting a woman. And most of those men aren’t worth spit.” He folded his hands. “Sorry, shouldn’t have said that word in front of a lady.”
3. The mountains are another day’s ride. You’ll like them. The air is fresher than any you’ve breathed. Some say it’s the smell of freedom. I like to think of it that way.”
4. “Oh, yes.” Amy set her mood to smile. A trick she’d learned shortly after her father died. If she made herself smile, sooner than later, she felt like everything would work out all right.
5. “Still, horses are the one thing I’m afraid of.”
This time the sheriff laughed bold and loud. “One thing! Honey, there is a list of things as long as my arm you ought to be afraid of out here. Number one is men.”
6. “Zebulon Pike Angus Benton, you will sit down and hear me out.”
When Ma used all four of his names, he knew better than to argue. He might be a full-grown man, but his mother demanded respect when she used his full name. He sat.
7. “Zebulon, introduce me to your guest. She your cousin? Looks a lot like your sisters.”
“Amy Gordon, meet Martha Lu. We’ve pretty much grown up together.”
Amy held out her hand. “I came out to Denver to meet Zeb, and I’m not his cousin.”
8. No, he didn’t want to think about God whittling him down. Taking his grand ideas and exchanging them for a smaller one. A life in Montana for a wife. No, he wasn’t going to think about that.
9. “You look peaked. You’re not going to faint, are you?”
His eyes focused on her. “No. Men don’t faint. I’m fine. Hungry, though. Let’s get going.”
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page