Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Phoenix Entertainment and Development

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Toi Thomas Interview Part 1


Hello everyone and welcome back to the Writer's Revolution. I am your host, the author of The Phoenix Blade: Project Justice, Andrew Hess. Today I would like to welcome a returning guest, an incredible author and friend as well as one of my inspirations for interviewing authors, Toi Thomas.






Welcome back to the Writer’s Revolution. I’d like to start off with a little recap for our readers and introduce you to our new ones. Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Toi Thomas and aside from writing I also work with special needs children. I’ve been married to my husband for 9 years and we have 10 year old turtle. I enjoy cooking, painting, reading books and comics, and collecting vinyl records. I’ve been writing for about four and a half years and have been blogging for three. I enjoy reaching out to other writers to promote them and their books because I think writers are entertainers who often go unnoticed.
Since my last visit I’ve self-published two shorts outside of Eternal Curse series.
Legend of the Boy- a sci-fi tale
Unexplained- a collection of short stories

Can you give us an update on your book since you were last on the Writer’s Revolution? (How’s it been doing, any promotions coming up, book tours, any sequels in the works)




The 3rd edition of Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel has been released and receiving good reviews. I gave the book a big launch on my blog and am constantly working to promote it. While time passes I’m keeping myself busy with the completed sequel, working diligently to prepare it for publication as well.
Eternal Curse (Amazon, Barnes & Noble) and is companion guide, 40 Days and Nights of Eternal Curse (Amazon, Barnes & Noble) are now both available for purchase through all the major online retailers.

Can you tell us a little about your book?

After receiving my first wave of reviews, I realize that this story is a bit of an anomaly. Though by most standards it is clearly a paranormal romance, there’s no questioning that there is definitely some genre mashing going on. It’s safe to say that this book doesn’t fit in neatly into any specific genre. Oh…and it’s not a horror tale! It seems that people are missing a chance to fall in love with Giovanni, Mira, and Abraham, my main three characters, because they think the book is too scary.
This is the story of a doctor and an outcast who meet online and discover that the world is not what it appears to be. The doctor and the outcast learn of things and beings that exist beyond scientific understanding and realize that amongst these things lies their true purpose. 
Here’s one 4 star review that should clear up some of this matter, by Ian Mathie.

What do you have in store for your readers? (upcoming books, blogs, etc)

Well, for readers of my blogs, hopefully by now everyone knows I’m consolidating. Soon The ToiBox of Words will be my home on the web. I’ll keep the Eternal Curse Series blog updated with book information, but I won’t be posting to it anymore. It will simply serve as an archive and information hub.

In terms of books, I’m hoping to complete a romance I started some time ago- a project separate from my Eternal Curse series, and a new fantasy tale. I also have a few more short stories up my sleeve I hope to share in the future, while one will appear in an anthology by the end of this year.

What has been the most interesting book you’ve read lately?

The most interesting book I’ve read lately would have to be, The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1). It’s wonderful tale of fantasy. I look forward to reading more of the series.

Do you have any tips or advice for potential writers?


Writing works when it’s your passion. If writing isn’t your passion, don’t do it. Whether you want to become a published author or are content to pen your private life story in your personal journal, know what you want, why you want it, how you plan to achieve it.  Don’t let other people’s goals, ideas, desires, and standards be yours. If you plan to share your work with the public, be realistic and considerate of the fact that not everyone thinks the same. If you open yourself up to the public be prepared for praise, criticism, indifference, and cruelty…Write because it’s your passion. 




Tune in tomorrow for a special post from Toi Thomas herself along with a brief Excerpt from the Eternal Curse. Make sure you pick up your copy today on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Eternal-Curse-Toi-Thomas-ebook/dp/B00I0EB37C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398210078&sr=8-1&keywords=Eternal+curse

And as always, grab your copy of The Phoenix Blade: Project Justice
http://www.amazon.com/The-Phoenix-Blade-Project-Justice-ebook/dp/B00J2HG2H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398210262&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Phoenix+Blade

No comments:

Post a Comment